With the old place, we were constantly fighting with the cats using everything to sharpen their claws (well, Layla and Vincent. The others are declawed. Yes, I know, they came to us that way.)
So we decided it was time to get them a cat tree to focus their shredding of all the things! And of course because this is me we are talking about, there was no way I was going to get one of those rinky dink base and post type trees. I wanted a CAT TREE. So off I go to shop around.
PetSmart and PetCo had some but they were kinda meh. Over $100 for ones that were barely, if at all, taller than I am and kinda unsturdy. That wasn’t going to work so off I go to Amazon and various online vendors. After doing a day of comparing, I finally decided on the Go Pet Club Cat Tree. I loved the look of it and the color was awesome. In reading the comments (I’m a HUGE comment reader), I was slightly concerned about the assembly but decided to take a chance. It was actually the only one that had the best rating despite all the negative remarks.
Thanks to Amazon Prime, 48 hours later, a HUGE box shows up at my door. I was so excited! But first, we needed to clear a space!
So we took to the living room (I’ll discuss that room in a later post) and reorganized things a bit so we could clear a space in corner for the tree.
We decided the corner of the living room by the window would be best because they could not only see outside but also see the rest of the house from an elevated spot. And the two walls would give the cat tree that much more support on the off chance that it wasn’t very sturdy.
With that out of the way, we started unpacking! One of the main complaints was how nothing was labeled and it was very confusing to identify pieces so we addressed that by labeling them ourselves and sorting them out.
The various bolts and brackets
Labeled all the flat pieces
Identified all the posts and sorted by length
The cat houses were pretty easy to identify so we just used those as a table initially.
Meanwhile, Sadie supervises.
And now, the assembly begins! I was in charge of handing pieces over and keeping morale up. It was at this point where I was getting really nervous. What piece wasn’t going to fit? What piece was going to be broken?
Legs being screwed into the first cat house.
The second floor being attached to the base.
Second floor complete!
Third floor and second cat house attached!
When it was done, I could harldly believe it! No issues whatsoever! Now we could slide it into place! Yay!
The first cat to come out and see what all the fuss was about was Vincent so I picked him up and placed him up on the top tier.
Yeah, we pretty much figured that was going to happen so before we got started, we moved the plant that was on that ledge. But as far as assembly goes, from start to finish, the whole thing took less than 45 minutes! As long as you take the time to identify your pieces and ensure you have everything, it should go pretty smoothly. So if you are looking for a cat tree, I highly recommend this one!